whats happening to Dallas?

the trials and tribulations of a young indian in the citaaaaay

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shaven Epiphanies


So I’m in the bathroom wearing a towel shaving my face, and I come to the realization:


"Dallas your 23 and your body is starting to hurt when you try to do things athletically.

This is the best your ever gonna look."


That’s a weird cold feeling for a dude to have.; like the Alberta oil market, I’ve peaked, and there's nothing to look forward to but insane mortgage payments that nobody can afford and ghost towns.

After a few uncomfortable droll seconds starring at myself crookedly in the mirror, I reached yet another conclusion..... I look goooood.



The who reason for shaving was to tighten my game up. its been a few weeks and my face was starting to look like Pascal Cardinal's chest. mad rug style.* I had just discovered an old broke ass looking garbage bag in some tiny ass crawl space in our basement FULL of suits my dad bought circa 74'-85'. Pops was a fly dresser. they don't even make three peice suits like this no more. So I tried a few on, low and behold, I TO am now fly as a flock of geese. Dad said "go ahead, take one", to which I proceeded to snatch 3. Its not like he can fit them anymore.

This lead me to another thought:

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you knew your parents growing up? I think my dad and I would be chums, but I'd constantly be bombarding him with harassment for being such a square. My dad is the definitive straight arrow. Any of you whom have ever been in any sort of contact with me know I might rock to the beat of a relatively unrefined drum. Alas, He'd clearly be the sharper dresser.




*shout out mad love to Cards

3 Comments:

Blogger machineraan said...

GREETINGS from Jadar Radom!!!!!!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey dallas! It's me again!

I beleive there exists no real peak for anyone! No limit for progression until you reach to the highest of undreamed goals! I think you have done very well and yes you are good looking and there is still a long way to go!

yours,

H A M E D

11:35 PM  
Blogger Sherbles said...

you're awesome. my dad is totally super square too. i so know where you came from. :)

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home