whats happening to Dallas?

the trials and tribulations of a young indian in the citaaaaay

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Saturday October the whateverith


Before reading further, yall should know I have NOthing to report that is interesting.





Chuya. check out my saturday,




I lost my Van, wait correction. My van died. In the middle of a southern manitoba highway at like 7 am. I was headed down south to do a little refing for the kids. giving back to the community u know. I'm a generous guy like that... as long as they pay me. but back to the point, my high preformance vehicle has met its maker. WEAK. turns out my "tranny is shat". But i'm getting ahead of myself.




after the initial ten mins of head scratching, pondering weather or not to act or fall asleep in the back, I hichhike in to the nearest town which happens to be Morris; halfway from the Dubya, halfway from Winkler, which was my original final destination. so i stick the ol thumb out and I shit you not, the Second car that comes by picks me up. talk about friendly manitoba. Turns out these three dudes are on their way to their Church Fundraiser. How are they raising funds you ask? only in the most logical manner:




"we're killing 20,000 chickens"




"... what this morning?"




"well it will take all day"




"mmmm hummm, This is fine here, OK SWEET NICE TO MEET YOU GUYS, DONT WORRY ABOUT ME, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!"




So thats what THEY where up to on saturday. I made my way down to the local co-op which was the only open establishment at that hour. after leafing through the entire Morris county phone book, which is all of like 4 pages, I called all 3 towing dudes. one had gone out of bidness and moved to the big city, one was down working on the fire trucks at the station till about 5 pm, and the last guy simply didn't feel like it. Weak. I'm sure he could feel the dispare in my voice as I explained my perdicament, so he offered me one final hope for rescue.




"hmmm, well have you called Dave?"




what is this guy talking about, like I know Dave from Morris manitoba.




".....ahhhh nope haven't called Dave yet."




"well give him a call first then call me back."




He then proceeded to tell me four numbers to which i was unsure as what to do with. he then explained that the first three digits are the same in all Morris numbers. Of course, I should have known that. I probably did, but it was early, and i hadn't had my coffee.... even tho I don't drink coffee. maybe if i did drink coffee I'd have gotten it. why am i talking about coffee, lemme tell you about Dave.




Now Dave. oh man. Dave is a character. I swear Dave is the lost brother of Dog the bounty hunter. Turns out Dave is not only the proud owner of a tow truck, he's also the proprietor of a local auto wreaking yard, furniture mover, Car booster, and to nobodies surprise, a DJ.




Dave was up till 3 am the night before rocking the crowd at the local watering hole while they hammered quarters in the VLTs. He also needed his Coffee, so after an hour of waiting he showed up down the road from where I had called him.




After a few short stops in town to grab gas and smokes, DJ Dave and I made it to the van. Dave says:




"what are gonna do with this unit, yur tranny is shat"




"you know I'm not sure, I figure a transmission will cost more than the van itself."




As you might imagine, Ol Dave has a way with words, and me being in no position or mood to barter, agree to straight GIVE him the Van for $100 and a case of beer. weak.




So after a quick trip over to his friend fat Tony's farm to open the van because some idiot locked the keys inside...... we drove back to Winnipeg.




I swear we didn't go over 60km the whole way. and this was in his car, not the tow truck. Dave is a SERIOUS chain smoker. weeeeak.




few hours later we get to my pad, I sign it over to him so we can make it legal, and he says:




"GREAT, by the way, the ride into town would have probably cost ya $100, and I don't actually have any cash on my to getcha that case of beer......."




"......ok Dave."




So in the spirit of love thy fellow man and all that nonsense, I give Dave a team Canada shirt and a pack of smokes I had purchased as a gift for a friend, and we parted ways.






all that before 1 pm. So now I'm car less. weak.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home