whats happening to Dallas?

the trials and tribulations of a young indian in the citaaaaay

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Даллас Суниас


once again its been way to long.

Jeepers where to start.  I'll start... from my chair.  I'm sitting in a yellow leather chair that matches the yellow leather sectional couch behind me.  this is my living room.  it connects with my kitchen with is open to the front door.  my bedroom is to the right of where i'm sitting now, and the bathroom is beside it.  Its outdated by has everything I need, and i'm happy with it.  If you haven't guessed I've been describing my apartment in Russia.

I'm over in Yaroslavl now.  I've been here almost a month, and to my delight and astonishment, I'm quite enjoying myself.  The team itself is made up of good dudes who are good at volleyball.  The level of the league is good, which makes it fun to play in.  cuz when its all said and done, I'm here to play a game, and games are supposed to be enjoyable.

The club seems fairly well organized, and we have a good coach.  that was something I was worried about coming here, but he really knows his stuff.

For basically all our road trips we have to drive 5 hours to catch a plan at one of the 5 Moscow airports.  but its made less annoying by our team bus which was made specially for us with less seats and more leg space.  Ballin.  Also its the first team bus I've been on with out team logo on the side.  It just feels cool.  

There's also a brand new hockey stadium just beside our hall.  its about the size of the MTS centre in Winnipeg, but with only a lower bowl, so that is a nice taste of home.  accept there are cheerleaders at these games,  which is I think one of the only places where Russia is more advanced than North America.

The people here I'm sure would be nice if we could communicate,  mostly people walk around with their heads down frowning as not to gather attention.  I guess thats just whats comfortable.  So people instantly know me and Fred are not from around here cuz we tend to smile from time to time.

But things are good.  its nice to make plans of what I'm gonna do when I get home thats for sure.  maybe go somewhere on a week holiday.  somewhere warm.  oh thats another things, its actually warmer here than Edmonton or Calgary,  go figure.

As you can imagine the place itself is not aesthetically pleasing as most places in the world, but as it turns out, when you go inside most of the broke ass buildings, you find quaint restaurants and shops n things.  and if things get really bad, there's always a MacDonald's if I'm feeling home sick.  also I don't really eat ice cream, but there's a mall sort of place with a baskin robins.  so thats Ballin.  I don't really have much more to report.  things are movin quickly.  if you got any questions,  lemme know. I got a lot of free time to talk about stuff.  well I'm gonna get some sleep before a late practise and a charter jet to our next match tomorrow.  BALLIN!  peice out yall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home