whats happening to Dallas?

the trials and tribulations of a young indian in the citaaaaay

Monday, May 04, 2009

Dans la fermeture




well we're done.  its all over.  the dream is dead.  The fat lady has sung.  the groundhogs are bringing us mail.  the camels back has been broken.  The metaphorical underwear has been soiled.  etc.

If you missed Sundays copy of Midi Libre du Montpellier, you would have missed an article explaining how MUVC got beat by TLM 3-0 on saturday night, to end MUVC's playoff run.  boo.  I'm pretty upset about the whole thing,  not so much that we lost, but that I went out like a chump.  I played like a garbage can full of poop and didn't help my team, which had a direct effect on why we lost.  It sucks playing the last game of the season like a fairy.  Granted I did mount a counter-attack during the 3rd set, but it was too late, I had already proved to be the weakest link on the court and brought the team down.  BUT HEY, thats sport I guess.  move on,  live,  enjoy.

And move on I will.  in fact I start with the Canadian team on Thursday.  so thats all of 4 days off, and my knees are screaming for them.  Its not really 4 days off really, cuz I gotta keep working out so I don't show up to practise looking like a fine french e'clair ( full of chocolate).   

So the year was Quite the roller coaster ride.  lots of ups and downs, and I started to get grey hair.  (For real; I found a single snow white hair on the back of my melon.)  Contrary to the disposition of my MUVC teammates, I don't feel like I've finished anything.  My season doesn't end till October 11.  Man that seems far away.  But I'm excited to get back to the office and smash some more balls.  Be good to each other yall.  I'll page you when I get back to the new world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home