whats happening to Dallas?

the trials and tribulations of a young indian in the citaaaaay

Monday, September 14, 2009

Here we go again for 9 months


so lets see.  where do I start.  I've had a lot in my head lately.  Not sure where to start.... mostly cuz I can't remember anything right now.  well I guess I'll just wing it.

So, I am in Almeria Spain.  I got here a week ago and I'm finally starting to adjust to the time and the heat.  oh my sweet baby jesus the heat.  its starting to cool off to about 27 or 28 now in the day time but man it was pretty hot at first.  the first night I was here I couldn't sleep untill 5 am when I passed out because I was sweating profusely.  I know,  sexy, but regardless of how hot the mental image is for you, it wasn't enjoyable at all for me.  Other than that, I have no real complains (yet) about things here.  The team is full of great dudes, our coach seems to know what he wants from us, and I drive a BMW.  that right.  you heard.  I drive a new BMW because the team is sponsored by a dealership here in town.  sure beats the inaugural volvo I was driving a few seasons back.

The summer with Team Canada ended on a positive note.  we qualified for the world championship next year in Italy.  so thats a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward too.  Gotta be honest, I sure miss home.  but thats natural for me at this part of the season.  transitions are always hard no matter how sweet the place your going or coming from is.  Now at least I know that, and I know not to freak when I'm feeling a bit down or drained and can't figure it out.

anyways, I'm feeling a bit drained right now, so i'm off to bed.  be good yall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey D,

Hope you're enjoying Spain.
The team and I miss you much, we have a few new faces that I am getting to know, but none of them have yet to reach your level of awesome.

I am hanging out a bit more with the boys, we went out for beer and such the last night everyone was here, the Friday when you guys got back from Mexico.

It was fun to finally get drunk with Dodds and Tree, Davin and Simac. The rest of the guys were there too. So were the new boys from FTC, as were Kris and Matt.

It wasn't quite the same with you not being there.

Lots of love and hugs.

Your dwarf pal,
Martin

7:47 PM  
Blogger Sarain said...

I think its time to dedicate a blog to Rudy Fernandez. Gasol won an NBA championship and Rubio is a boy-wonder, but Rudy is the real engine behind the Spanish basketball machine.

Also, is there an equivalent to Tim Horton's over there. I think a blog dedicated to the Spanish parallel's of Canadian pop-culture would be amazing. Do they have their own Don Cherry? I know they must have about fifty-seven Nelly Furtatdo looking pop stars.

Anyways I look forward to reading the upcoming Fernandez piece. Make sure you keep that facial stuff clean like I do.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home